- Youl, R., Marriott, S. and Nabben, T. 2006 (revised) Landcare in Australia: Founded on Local Action, is now available for downloading here, or hard copies can be purchased by contacting Rob Youl – email: email@example.com
- Youl, R., 2006, Landcare in Victoria a history.
- Landcare Foundation of the Philippines, 2009, Landcare in the Philippines: a practical guide to getting it started and keeping it going. The book is available for downloading here
The Australian aid program has been working with the landcare movement in the Philippines for 10 years. During this time, landcare has been working closely with farmers and their communities, encouraging them to take control of their own problems and to implement appropriate solutions. By using this approach, landcare has been able to achieve changes in attitudes and adoption of new farming systems at a rate rarely before seen in the country. The skills of facilitation—working with farmers and others in the community to bring about change ‘from the inside out’—are essential to the landcare approach. This book, written by 15 experienced landcare facilitators and farmers, provides practical guidelines for all those involved in this important role.
- Metcalfe, J. (Ed) 2004, Landcare in the Philippines: Stories of People and Places, The book is available for downloading here
This book contains a wide perspective of individual stories about the development of landcare in the Philippines, richly illustrated with more than 170 colour photos and maps. The 40 storytellers include landcare pioneers, farmers, facilitators, government representatives and community groups.
- Prager, K. (2010): Local and Regional Partnerships in Natural Resource Management: The Challenge of Bridging Institutional Levels. Environmental Management 46 (5): 711–724
- Prager, K.; Vanclay, F. (2010): Landcare in Australia and Germany: Comparing structures and policies for community engagement in natural resource management. Ecological Management & Restoration 11 (3): 187-193
- Moles, J., 2008, Landcare and science, who poses the research questions? The introduction of Landcare in SW Virginia, USA . Paper presented at the annual meeting of the International Congress for Conservation Biology, Convention Center, Chattanooga, TN, Jul 10, 2008
- Lockie, S. and Vanclay, F. 1997, Critical Landcare, Key Papers Series, Number 5 , Centre for Rural Social Research, Charles Sturt University Copyright © Centre for Rural Social Research 1997, 2000
- Carr, A. 1995, Innovation of diffusion: Landcare and information exchange, Rural Society Journal
- Mekong River Commission for Sustainable Development, Landcare: scaling up institutional arrangments last modified on 20 August 2010
- Mercado, A.R.; Garrity, D.P.; Catacutan, D. 1999: Technical and Institutional Innovations to Conservation Farming and Agroforestry: Components of Sustainable Watershed Management.
- Report – 1st International Landcare Conference Melbourne 2000 – SILC Report